Are you looking for a business loan for SMEs?
Do you want to know how to apply for a business loan?
If yes, then you are in the right place. In this article, you will come to know about opportunities for SME business loan.
Initially, let us understand about business loans. A business loan can be defined as the loan or fund provided to the enterprises or organisations by different finance companies in order to fulfill all the requirements of the business operations. Such funds help enterprises to achieve their objectives and goals. For example, expanding the business by setting up new branches and investing in the existing business to gain more profit.
Now, let’s talk about the SME loans. The SME loans are specially designed loans for Small and Medium-sized Enterprises. According to the European Union, the SMEs are defined as the small independent companies which have around 500 employees.
The small companies and enterprises are expanding their business, increasing their productivity, updating technology and also improving marketing campaigns along with hiring new personnel, day-by-day. Hence, proper funding is required at each step and in order to stay ahead of other competitors. The loan helps organisations to achieve the following:
- Establishing new branches of the company
- Renovating the existing infrastructure of the organisation
- Buying new equipment and machines for business operations
- Restoring the inventory items
- Improving and energizing the marketing of the products
- Enhancing the security measures of the organisation in order to prevent risks or threats or vulnerabilities
Nowadays, there are a lot of finance companies available which can help you by providing the sufficient fund. You can also take help of the financial advisor before choosing the best among all the available options. Such personnel can aware you of the benefits and drawbacks of all the options available. The range of loan offered to the SMEs depends upon the turnover of the company. It starts from Rs. 5 lakh and can go up to Rs. 1 crore, and even higher.
Now, let us understand the process of applying for an SME loan. The process of applying for an SME loan is very simple and easy. While applying for a loan, the SMEs are required to submit the following documents:
- The SMEs are required to submit the GST returns for the last one year.
- The SMEs are required to submit the ITR and other financial documents for the last two years.
- The SMEs are required to submit the KYC documents for the business and the business owner.
- The SMEs are required to submit the bank statements for the last six months.
- The SMEs are required to submit the loans or overdraft sanction letters if any.
After applying for an SME loan, the chances for approval depend upon several factors. These factors facilitate the loan approval. Some of the important factors are as follows:
- The enterprise must be functional or operation from last 3 years.
- The annual turnover of the enterprise must be more than Rs. 1 crore.
- The total CIBIL score of the enterprise must be more than 650.
The information provided by the enterprise at the time of application must be updated and accurate.